ISSN (Print) - 0012-9976 | ISSN (Online) - 2349-8846

A+| A| A-


EPW Research Foundation KELVINATOR OF INDIA New Plant KELVINATOR OF INDIA (KIL), a subsidiary of the US-based Whirlpool Corpora- tion, has been merged with Whirlpool Washing Machines, the domestic washing machines manufacturing subsidiary of the US multinational. Whirlpool Corporation has acquired a 51 per cent stake in KIL with the remaining 49 per cent being held by financial institutions and the general public and the new entity is to be called Whirlpool India. While Whirlpool will benefit from the manufacturing and distribution facilities created by Kelvinator, it will not have the benefit of the brand name. The brand name will revert to Swedish multinational Elec- trolux, which owns the brand worldwide, according to a brand licensing agreement between Electrolux and Kelvinator of India. Expo Machinery, the marketing outfit of KfL, is also to be absorbed in Whirlpool of India. The electronic cash register division is to be taken over by Intrinsic Automation System.

To read the full text Login

Get instant access

New 3 Month Subscription
to Digital Archives at

₹826for India

$50for overseas users


(-) Hide

EPW looks forward to your comments. Please note that comments are moderated as per our comments policy. They may take some time to appear. A comment, if suitable, may be selected for publication in the Letters pages of EPW.

Back to Top